Should I Change My Status Because I am Married?
Now you’re finally married! Congratulations. The next in your mind is to change your Facebook relationship status right?
you see, updating your Facebook relationship status can be a great way to express your love for your partner and inform all of your friends and family about your personal newfound life no doubt. But not everyone wants to share every aspect of their relationship, though, and some might want to adjust how their status is displayed and who can see it. Here’s how to change your relationship information on Facebook using the Facebook apps and website should you feel it’s important you do so.
How to Change Your Relationship Status on the Facebook App
You can update your Facebook relationship status on the official Facebook apps for Android smartphones and tablets and Apple’s iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
- Click your circle avatar to go to your Facebook profile.
- Click Edit Profile.
- Scroll down to the Details block of information and click Edit.
- Next to your current relationship status, click the pencil icon.
- Click Relationship Status to bring up a menu of different options.
- Scroll to the status you want and click Done.
- Depending on your previous settings, you should see a small icon of featuring two people or a globe. Click it to change who can see your relationship status. Choosing the globe icon will make your relationship status viewable to everyone on Facebook, even people you’re not friends with. The couple icon, on the other hand, makes it viewable to your friends only.
- Optional: If you selected a relationship status that involves another person, you will be provided with the opportunity to enter their name. Type their name in the field to make them a part of your relationship.
- Optional: Next to Anniversary, click Year and select the year your relationship began.
How to Change Your Relationship Status on the Facebook Website
In addition to the iOS and Android apps, you can also update your relationship status on Facebook by using the Facebook website.
- After logging into the Facebook website, as usual, click on the three dots next to your name in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Click on Edit Profile.
- Scroll down to Relationship and click on the pencil icon next to your current status.
- Hover your mouse over the white space to the right of your relationship status to make the status options appear. Click on Edit.
- Select your preferred status from the dropdown menu. Choosing the — option will leave your relationship status empty. Also Read: Will Sleeping With My Ex Bring Him Back?
- Optional: Enter your partner’s name and the date your relationship started.
- Optional: Click on the globe or people icon to make your status viewable to the general public or just your friends respectively. You can also choose Only me to have your relationship status on your Facebook profile but only viewable by yourself. Clicking on Custom will give you the option to specify specific users or lists that can view your relationship status.
- Click on Save Changes.
3 Reasons To Update Your Relationship Status
There are several reasons why people choose to change their Facebook relationship status. Here are three of the main ones.
- It means you’re serious. Many people see changing their Facebook relationship status as an affirmation of their commitment to their partner.
- It’s satisfying. Some people are simply completionists that enjoy filling in every bit of information about themselves on social media.
- It’s practical. A lot of users find updating their relationship status on Facebook as being a time-efficient way to inform friends, family, and followers of a major life moment such as getting engaged or married.
3 Reasons Not to Update Your Status
Filling in the relationship status field on Facebook can be popular but there are some reasons why many choose not to use it.
- It’s not always good news. If you announce that you’re dating someone and then break up at a later date, everyone on Facebook will see when you change your relationship status back to single.
A good way to avoid attention after a divorce or becoming single is to simply make your Facebook relationship status completely private before changing it.
- Personal privacy. Some people simply don’t want to share their love life with others online.
- Partner privacy. Facebook users with a lot of followers or friends may want to hide the identity of their partner or at least not advertise who they are.
Should I Change My Status Because I am Married?
You see this is a very big choice for you and only you can decide whether you should change your status just because you are now married or not. Remember, changing your status especially include changing your surname to that of your spouse or spouses.
As we have seen from the information above, people change their status as soon as they are married to show love and total commitment to their marriage and partners. But does this mean that if you by choice or circumstances do not change your status you are not committed to your spouse or marriage? Not at all!
A woman who has become an achiever in life before marriage will definitely not have to throw her surname which already gave her the identity she bears just because she has become someone’s wife. A woman who has become everything she could not change her surname just because of marriage! It doesn’t in any way mean she doesn’t love her husband nor committed to her marriage. This is because the commitment has no attachment or connection with name or status.
Any married woman who wants to be committed to her spouse or marriage will definitely be even without changing her status.
Commitment is in what we do, how we do it, and not in our names!
So dear,let no one query you for not changing your status because you have been married. You are better than any identity or status!
Yes,at the same time, not changing your status because you are married doesn’t also mean you disrespect your husband. Every man knows the woman who will become his wife! And I’m pretty sure a good man will always honor his wife,support and build her better up than destroy her image and precious identity because of marriage. No reasonable man will also talk about changing his wife’s status just to prove to the world she is committed to him and their marriage,after all,what’s in the name?
Identity is good and every identity is also precious to the bearer. We did not say that changing your status as soon as you are married is bad. What we said was that there are status that cannot be changed and replaced by any other on earth. The much one can do about such big status that has made great impact in the land of the living is to add another name to it,that of the spouse to show relationship if one really cares to show the world anyway.
Those who have you know you belong to them and this is what truly matters!!!